Who We Are: A small and growing UUA congregation with an average attendance of 60-70 people, with a current children’s RE enrollment of 20 with additional children visiting each week. We currently meet first and third Sundays at Woodlawn School in Davidson and we have a goal to move to services every Sunday in Fall 2012. “Story for All Ages” is given at the beginning of Sunday service, then children depart for RE classes taught by members of the congregation. In addition, an adult RE class meets prior to the service. A nursery with two paid staff is provided that operates from 10:45-12:15.
We are looking for a vibrant self-starter who likes collaborating to create new programs, has superior verbal and written communication skills, and enjoys working with people.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Establish a program for middle and high school youth that is a collaborative effort with the current youth of our congregation
- Work with RE committee to plan and select curriculum for youth and adult programming
- Coordinate and oversee Sunday morning RE program
- Provide training and support to RE volunteers and paid nursery staff
- Prepare communications for parents and congregants including weekly updates and annual informational overview
- Operate within the annual budget set by the RE committee and the board
Position requires an average of 8-10 hrs per meeting week including Sunday morning, some evenings and offers flexible hours. Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 10, 2012.