From Rev. Amy Brooks: As we celebrate our nation’s day of independence, it is a good time to examine the place of independence in our lives. We begin life as utterly dependent and spend many of our growing up years seeking independence. At some point though, if we are paying attention, we realize we are in fact much more dependent on others than we might like to admit. What does our religious path teach us about depending on one another and is this “interdependence” a more realistic, and spiritually satisfying approach to life?
Our service begins at 11 a.m. in the Lodge at Woodlawn School, just north of Davidson. Find us.
- Newcomers’ class with Rev. Brooks and UUFKLN members – come learn a bit more about UU and UUFKLN. Starts at 9:30 in the 2nd classroom. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP (or just show up if you decide at the last minute!).
- Nursery for ages 0-3 starting at 10:45 a.m, in the classroom adjacent to the Lodge.
- Faith Development for children. During the summer, structured activities are provided for ages 4-10, starting after story time during the service, in the classroom two doors down from the Lodge.
- Faith Development for adults will resume in the fall.
- Please bring a donation for Loaves & Fishes if you are able.